Friday, November 4, 2011

And on the Seventh Day . . .

It's a good thing that my friend and sister writer, Madison Woods started Friday Fictioneers. If it wasn't for her prompt pictures I wouldn't be writing anything. I try and think outside the box with the pictures she gives us each week and put a different twist on old titles and ideas.
Here is her picture for this week and my story:

And on the Seventh Day . . .

Theologinas believe on the seventh day God rested, however . . .

Old Man Winter argued that planet Earth would be greater protected if everything was frozen forever in time. No disease, no hunger, no strife--only iced beauty beyond compare.

God reasoned this new world was home to his greatest creation--Man. Without warmth and renewal Man would fall dorment and the evolution of the species would be doomed.

The Old Man refused to listen and turned a cold shoulder.

Not wanting to hurt the elderly man's feelings, God gave in and created four seasons: spring, summer, fall, and winter.

And so, on the seventh day the "Art of Compromise" was born.

7 comments:

  1. Oh I like that Ruth! But what's 'stive' (3rd line)? Loved your explanation for the seasons. You need to post your link on my page so the others will find you.

    Also love that you called me your friend and sister writer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Madison for the edit. The word should be "stive." I got it fixed. And you are my friend and sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dixie, this is so clever! What a compromise! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief! Sorry Madison. The word should be strife! Geez, At least I corrected it correctly in the post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jan. For some reason my brain is really clicking on the prompt pictures, but as for other writings, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this one, too. So cool to see the different takes on these photo prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your story has the flavor of Native American lore and legend--loved it.

    ReplyDelete